Saturday, November 30, 2013

Post Nano

It's December.
Nano Nov is over, but not forgotten. I cranked out 77k in words in a frenzy that would leave a tornado speechless.

Before December was upon us, I couldn't take the state of the house any longer. I had to clean. Also, plot bunnies attacked me like rabid dogs the last week. I have more ideas with the consistency of Jell-O than I have time to thicken them.

In a rush of euphoria I jumped on the second book of a series I had in mind. Never mind that I have yet to finish the first book...anyway I got out 8k in words. Then all of a sudden I got an idea of how to start the story in a completely new way which will change a lot of events and characters in both books.

I like my new idea, now I need to outline it all.

I also need to whack my Nano project Exodus into two books. It is going to be much too long for a single book. Then I can fluff, de-fluff, and edit it to death.

In December, I'll also be reading other Wrimo's works. I have two on my plate and plan to give a broad stroke review.

I joined a writing group and hope it will help me. I feel like I'm floundering in plot construction.

I need to read a writing book this month. At least one, so I can hopefully grow as a writer.

I have pledged to write 100k of words for 2014. It is completely do-able at a little over 8k in words each month. I needed the goal to be low so I can find time for editing.

So in short:
whack Exodus in half, edit first half brutally.
Start my critiques
Outline new story idea
Pick my reading back up
Keep the house clean

No comments:

Post a Comment